Sunday 18 March 2012

Simple Things...

My dear children disappeared into the kitchen yesterday evening and I was presented with this yummy masterpiece this morning.   My dear daughter bought the ingredients and printed off a recipe; together they weighed, mixed and baked.  My thirteen year old son covered the cake with icing and it was decorated amid giggles and laughter. The sound of my children working and creating together, what more could I ask for?



A few weeks ago, I was browsing the internet, looking for inspriation, when I came across this gorgeous flower pattern on Bunny Mummy's blog ( Bunny Mummy - Crochet Flower). I thought it would be the perfect gift for my mum and would be quick and easy to do.  It was. The hardest part was going to Hobbycraft and spending the best part of forty-five minutes choosing the right coloured paper to back it on! The overall result was simple, effective and very well received!




I have also finished the double knitted pot holder I was trying to do so I will show what the picture was - did you guess?





I said last week I was having fun with this and at the time I was. Although I do like this a lot and it has taken a lot of time, effort and patience, I am going to frog it and use the yarn for something else. I 'll admit I didn't really didn't find double knitting easy  to do but it was fun and I am pleased I perservered and got it done.  Will I attempt double knitting in the future?  Yes,  because I want to make the potholder I gave you the link too last week.  Will I do it any time soon - I expect not.

The chart for this lovely chap can be found here on Ravelry - Double Knit Skull Scarf - it says the link to the pattern is unavailable but you can download the chart.

I have no idea what I'll have on my needles next or what I will have to show you but there will be something, I promise!


No comments: