Saturday 27 October 2007

Thanks Mum!



Patterns can be bought from here http://www.creativecrochet.co.uk/

I wanted to share some of my Mum's work with you. It is because of her that I have my passion for knitting - and crochet which I am still learning.

She has been attending crochet class for the last couple of years to brush up on her skills and to try out something new. It was also a life line when we lost my dear Dad, something to give her back an interest, to keep her busy and give her contact with "the outside world".

I have been to class with her when I've been on holiday and so has my daughter. She is eleven and has been learning to knit for a couple of years. However, crochet is her first love. She has completed a couple of scarves, a fabby crochet backpack and is currently awaiting me to buy some handles for her latest knitted bag!

I am glad I am able to pass these skills down to her...it has taught her patience and co-ordination and has encouraged her creative side. She wears her items with pride!

No comments: