Tuesday 15 May 2012

Apologies...

Apologies for not popping in for a month!  I haven't been feeling very well of late but things seem to have settled down for now...

Now what have I been doing?

Firstly some more crochet.



I have made one side of this cushion cover  Crochet Cover Pillow (free pattern on Ravelry).  I have never tried anything like this before and I am, overall, pleased with the result.  That being said however, it does have the odd mistake in it.  I am now waiting for time with my Mum to try the other side with her help.  As you know,  she has been crocheting for many years so I am hopeful she can figure out where I have gone wrong.
There are no projects for this on Ravelry that I can search through and the pictures showing the design are not very clear.  Still, I  live in hope I will get it right eventually!  Updates to follow =)

I have also been busy scarf making - yes I know it's May but it is still cold!



The one above is made from a kit where you are given a piece of mesh and two balls of yarn.  The yarn is woven through the mesh to create this lovely weave effect.  It's a kit I've had for a couple of years but have only just been brave enough to try.    It has made a surprisingly lightweight and warm scarf.  Love it!

My second scarf is Thermis - again found on Ravelry.  Not free this time but a great pattern worth every penny of the £1.58 I paid for it!  This is just right for tucking under your coat giving you the warmth but not the bulk of a long scarf.  Great for the chilly May days we are having!



My Mum would like one in cream, please...

Finally, my last offering for this week is a crochet hexagon.  I saw this cushion in Dunn Elm Mill a while ago and thought how pretty it looked.  Mmmm said Mum and I, that's crocheted. 




"I can do that" I cried to my Mum, so armed with photo of said cushion, pen and paper to chart my stitches, yarn and crochet hook, I have produced this this evening.




I am not claiming to have made this pattern up at all but I may pop my sequence of stitches down later so you can make your own hexagons.  Fingers crossed the idea in my head translates well to yarn and  hook! Watch this space!

Until next week dear friends...



No comments: