Tuesday 24 June 2008

Happy Bunny!

Have finally sewn a face on my bunny who is now a happy one! I really enjoyed this style of crochet and will definitely work more of it in the future.







I have also frogged my Forest Canopy as I felt the yarn could use a more "holey" pattern.

After much deliberation and Ravelry searching, I cast on for the "Clementine Shawlette". I was wary of the fact that the instructions were charted and not written but am pleased to say it is a dream to follow! I can definitely see me making more of these shawlettes for the winter - my next one will be black, of course!

I have also finished a summer bolero for my DD in the lemon yarn I bought earlier. I changed my mind about which pattern to make with it. I did start a cardigan but yes, I'm afraid to say, I frogged that too as it was just too boring to knit! I know the end result would have been extremely pretty (fan and feather) but I was losing the will to live!

It was a simple pattern but each row was written out. By time I got to row 90+ I was boss eyed!

(Piccies of both to follow!)

I seem to have been unpicking things more than knitting them lately. I definitely lost my knitting mojo for a while, due to feeling under the weather and fed up with life in general - which is why I thought I'd make my little creatures to cheer me up!

I hope if you are feeling the same way and life is getting you down, that my little friends will at least make you smile!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your little creatures did make me smile! I find tackling smaller projects (currently fingerless mittens and handwarmers) cheers me up and reminds me knitting is supposed to be fun. I'll be back to see pictures of your other projects.

Darkest Knits said...

Thank you! Am glad to say I have progressed with my "Clementine" without frogging and am about to start the second half!